Rockwool / Stonewool / Mineral Wool is a Furnace Product of Molten rock at a temperature of about 1600 degrees celsius through which a stream of air or steam is blown. More advanced production techniques are based on spinning molten rock in high speed spinning heads somewhat like Cotton Candy.
Its an insulation which is rock based mineral fibre insulation comprised of Basalt rock and Recycled slag. Basalt is a Volcanic rock (abundant in earth) and Slag is a by-product of the steel and copper industry. The mineral are melted and spun into fibres.
Rockwool/ Stonewool products are in demand across the world in residential, commercial and industrial projects.
- Thermal and acoustical insulation.
- Perimeter fire containment systems.
- Fire resistive joint systems in rated assemblies.
- Firestopping of through penetrations in rated assemblies.
- Rockwool can withstand 780 degrees C and it does not accept fire as quickly which means it has a Good Fire rated material.
Rockwool comes as the underlying products
1.2M X 0.6M
30 – 150 MM
ALU. FOIL, BLACK CEILING VEIL FACED
1.2M X 5 MM
1.2M X 5 MM
30- 150 MM
PLAIN / FACED WITH ALUM FOIL
1.2 M X 4 MM
50 – 230 KG/M3 STEPS OF 10MM
UNFACED / FACED WIREMESH (GI & SS)
TECHNICAL DETAILS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST.
Low Thermal Conductivity.
High Temperature Application and Sound Absorption
Non – Hygroscopic and Deformation Resistant
Weather Proof and Water Resistant
Easy to Handle, Easy Cutting, Easy Application, Non Corrosive, Non Carcinogenic.